Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It Isn't Just Hunting and Fishing


I'm a long-time member of Kiwanis International and the Silver Bow Kiwanis Club of Butte, Montana.

As a Kiwanis member I am the Kiwanis adviser to the Montana Tech Circle K Club here in Butte. Circle K is a college-student affiliate of Kiwanis. Circle K members are a great bunch of people who do a tremendous amount of community service, both on campus and around our city. Attending their weekly meeting is always one of the highlights of the week.

The Circle K District of Montana had their annual convention recently and to my happy surprise, they honored me as a "Distinguished Kiwanian" and the Montana "Kiwanian of the Year."

Circle K District Governor Nicole Loehr is pictured here, presenting the awards at this week's Kiwanis meeting.

My thanks to all those great Circle K'ers of Montana, especially the Montana Tech students who nominated me for this award.

No comments:

Post a Comment